This book is the first of a series of books. The series is al about Sheklock Holmes young helpers, who live on the street, running errands and now helping him to solve mysteries along with himself and Dr. Watson.
In this story, the 7 young street children are Wiggins, Beaver, Queenie, Rosie, Shiner, Sparrow and Gertie, each have a very important role to play in this mystery. Each looking desperatly for money they find themeselves doing jobs like undercover work, working backstage at the local thertare or helping out at the train station. Soon Holmes gets them to investigate an American, whom he has met on a case before. While investigating, coming apon a few clues, Holmes himself disappears. After a little bit of investigation, they realise he's been kidnapped not gone undercover. On a quest to find him again they discover tthe gang who kidnapped him. After a bit more they find out that there is another plan in this crime to kill the Queen. The gang struggle to find her point of death but will it be to late.
I really enjoyed this book as it was interesting and it had the perfect balance of adventure, mystery and crime. I was gripped the whole way through, it was a thrilling tale and I would recommend it to anyone. However I found that seeing as it was set in 1897 it was quite old fashioned but I did understand most of it. Howevetrsome of the terms I did have to find out.
My favourite quotation in the book is" 'That ain't lamp wick' he announced solemnly.' Thats a fuse. And them carboard tubes you saw, Sparrow, they wasn't fireworks. They were sticks of dynamite.'". I think its such a gripping quote and once I heard this I was dying to read what was happening next. Its right at the end of a chapter so it brings so much suspense to the book.
My favourite character in the book is Beaver. Firstly because I think its a really cool name it brings atiny bit of comedy. Also it states in the book that he follos Wiggins around everywhere, never leaving his side. I think thats starnge but also quite amusing.
I would give this book a rating of **** 4 stars!!
I gave this 4 stars because it was very good and enjoyable but it was a bit hard to understand at first.
I f you do ever read this book I hope you enjoy!! :P

we think this is very good but you should add something asbout your fav character
ReplyDeletelove Rhiannna and Simona xxx
really good description try to us more of your own op[inions in your analysis
ReplyDelete:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
luv the writing looks really cool:))
ReplyDeletemaybe put your own opinion:)
really good description try to us more of your own op[inions in your analysis!!
ReplyDelete:)
xx
great blog but maybe put your opinion or put on a video next time - anyways fab writing =DD
ReplyDeletecheers molly it was a typo
ReplyDelete:D
sounds really cool i'd love to read it! and i also love the writing to improve maybe add a video xxx :)
ReplyDeletegood blog but maybe give a link...:):):)
ReplyDeleteGreat blog next time add some links
ReplyDelete(p.s maybe change the font. Gives me a headache :( )
really good blog
ReplyDeletemaybe next time add links to the author and book :)
I Love Sherlock Holmes
ReplyDelete:) Imogen
very gooooda :D mayb give it a links and stuff but yeahh reallly goood :D
ReplyDeleteyour self description is a bit vain..cheesepuffs
ReplyDeleteERREBODY WRITE ON MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth :)
ReplyDeleteNicee blog :) well detailed :) maybe include a video/link :)
what a lovely book blogg
ReplyDeletesimply breath taking
next time you could add pics or vids
nilaxxx
really good maybe add pics i dunno :P lol love your name cheesepuffs :P
ReplyDeletelove the book review... next time add some links and videos dough its still really good. :D
ReplyDelete**HM**
A really good blog!!!
ReplyDeleteNext time maybe add your favourite character ...
Great book blog! :) maybe next time say who your favourite character was and why x
ReplyDeletethanks guys !!!!:P
ReplyDeleteIts gd how u explained who ur fave character is! if u had to improve maybe u could add a link to a video about this book? =]
ReplyDeleteXxX
Maybe addd some linkss or a video because your description made me want to see one and y'know i cba to find it on youtubee :) xx
ReplyDelete